Minerva Mill, was formally known as Minerva Works and was primarily built as a needle mill. Perhaps the largest industrial building in Alcester has not made needles since 1912
In 1912 the building was bought by Terry’s Springs Limited, and at one time substitutes for corset bones were made here from woven spring wire and part of the building was let to a manufacturer of golf balls. It is believed that in 1968 the building passed to Dennison Equipment Company, who produced such things as ironing boards and house ware products.
Prior to the purchase by its current owners, Impetus Limited, in 1998, the site was occupied by Wagon Automotive (formally Bayliss Ltd) who manufactured automotive parts. Bayliss Ltd added a modern 20,000 sq.ft. industrial unit to the site during the “80s”.
This building has now been divided into small units providing workshop and office space. Minerva Mill has been recognised as being of particular historical importance. Cllr. Susan Juned led the campaign to get the building protected by the Grade 2 listing now in force. More recently Minerva Mill was awarded an architectural award by The 9th Marquess of Hertford on behalf of the Alcester Civic society, this award was in recognition of outstanding innovation of new ideas yet keeping the character of the building unimpaired.